Be sure to check out all the events coming up soon!
Lots of fun events coming up – be sure to check the announcements for all the information!
The Dripping Springs Tiger Band is proud to present “Reflections: Seeing What’s Inside,” as their 2017 production. Music includes “Medea’s Dance of Vengeance” by Barber, “October” by Whitacre, “Reflection” from Mulan by Wilder, and “Reflections of Earth” by Greenaway.
Here’s the Dripping Springs Tiger Band 2017 Promo:
Welcome Band Parents!
We hope you are enjoying your summer! The Band Boosters want to give you a quick update on a few important items as you are relaxing and enjoying your summer break!
- You should have already received the summer packets, which were mailed from the Directors, to the band and color guard students. This packet gives you detailed schedules and Registration information. Please read through all of the documents, fill out the online and paper forms, and get your student’s physical completed before July 26th. The online Pre-Registration forms will be available starting on July 3rd, and must be completed by July 26th. If you did not receive a packet in the mail (snail mail), please contact Kathy Roy at Secretary@DSBandBoosters.org.
- When logging in to the online Registration process, please take time to update your address, and your student’s 2017-18 band assignment before completing the Registration forms. Go to dsbandboosters.org, select “My Account” on the rightmost menu option, then select “Dripping Springs HIGH SCHOOL” from the drop down list to get started. Any questions? Contact Kathy Roy at Secretary@DSBandBoosters.org.
- Again this year, the DSISD Athletics is offering $25 participation physicals, in case you want to take advantage of that instead of using your personal physician. Physicals are on July 22nd at the HS Field House from 9:00am – noon. Any questions about the July 22nd effort, contact Larry Lechow, DSISD Athletic Trainer at 512-858-3201.
- Volunteers Needed on Wednesday July 26th from 6:30am – 8:00am. We need 6-8 adults to help collect the physical/permission forms and review the lyres, flip folders, notebooks for the students. This used to be part of the Registration Day effort, but for this year students must complete this on the first day of Summer Rehearsals. If you are dropping off your student for practice on Wednesday July 26th, please consider sticking around to help us for a couple hours. BYO Coffee. Contact Kathy Roy at Secretary@DSBanorg if you can help that morning.
- Thunder in the Hills is one of the band programs largest fundraisers. Volunteers and team leads are needed for this event, which is on September 16th. Please contact Bridget Elliott at Percussion@DSBandBoosters.org to volunteer. A more detailed email of volunteer needs will be sent shortly.
- Volunteers Needed for Registration Day on Saturday July 29th from 8:00am – noon. Please consider volunteering at one of our stations, you will be able to walk your child through when their grade level goes through, then return to the station. No training needed. The more volunteers we have, the faster we get everyone through the process and we get on to lunch! Please contact Kathy Roy at Secretary@DSBandBoosters.org to volunteer.
President – DS Band Boosters
Hey Tiger Band…
Please join Mr. Lancaster, Mr. Dye and Mr. Woods in welcoming Ms. Caitlin Hall to the Tiger Band Family as Assistant Band Director. Your first chance to meet Ms. Hall will be at the July 19 Opportunity Day from 9am – 12pm. Here is some information about Ms. Hall:
Caitlin Hall, a native of Austin, TX, is thrilled to join the Dripping Springs High School staff this Fall! Ms. Hall began her high school career at Cedar Park High School before opening Vandegrift High School as their first drum major. She received her bachelor degree from the University of North Texas, graduating Magna Cum Laude and with Distinguished Honors. During college, she spent her time as drum major of the UNT Green Brigade, a field technician at Marcus High School and Reedy High School, and an active volunteer at Bands of America events.
Before coming to Dripping Springs, Ms. Hall taught at Ralph H. Poteet High School in Mesquite, Texas. As an associate director at Poteet HS, Ms. Hall assisted with the marching band, taught beginner clarinet and flute, and conducted concert band, which received Sweepstakes.
An advocate of advancing the marching arts, Ms. Hall founded the University of North Texas Marching Arts Forum, a group of about forty students that meet with the intent of spreading knowledge about the activity to all interested. The group has since spread across the country to form multiple chapters. She served as drum major of Crossmen Drum and Bugle Corps beginning the summer of 2013 and has been with the corps since.
Ms. Hall’s professional affiliations include the Texas Music Educators Association and Texas Bandmasters Association.